Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy 9 Months!

 
Is this real life?  Someone has to be Punking me, because there is no way on Earth my 7lb 4oz baby was NINE months old yesterday!!  Seriously, where does the time go? 

Some 9 month fun facts about Lily Reese:

Loves:
- Bath time!  Definitely her favorite time of day
- Swimming in her baby pool
- Swinging
- Our dog, Carson (that makes one of us!)
- Being told "no."  She thinks it's hilarious.
- Eating.  Eating ANYTHING.  This includes books, grass, sand, tags (she has a serious tag obsession ... it's her favorite part of any toy), phones, grout ...
- Her two blankies (woobies).  She has slept with Aden and Anais swaddle blankets since she was born, and now she's inseparable from them.  Her face lights up when you hand them to her, she gets a huge smile on her face, and she buries her face in them and kisses them. 
- Being outside


Not crazy about:
- Anything that requires patience.  Waiting for her food/bottle mainly.  She is definitely a need-it-NOW kind of girl
- Getting her diaper changed / getting dressed and undressed.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  She is too busy, and tries to crawl off the changing table
- That's honestly about it!  She is very easy to please!


Feeding:
- We're working out the kinks on a new feeding schedule still.  What seems to be working the best is a formula bottle and oatmeal and/or fruit for breakfast, a bottle of diluted juice and a fruit and vegetable for lunch, a formula bottle and a small snack (a piece of cheese, some banana, some Puffs, something like that) in the afternoon, a bottle of diluted juice and a fruit and veggie for dinner, and a bottle right before bed.  This seems to be working well most days.  Any suggestions are welcome!  Like I said, still working out the kinks.


Schedule:
Usually...
7:00 - Wake up
7:15 - Breakfast
9:00 - 10ish - Nap
11:30ish - Lunch
12:00 - 2ish - Nap
3:30 - Snack
5ish - 5:30 - Short nap
6:30 - Dinner
7:00 - Bath
7:30 - Bottle
8:00 - Bed time
All of the in between times are just play time for the most part, during the week.  Since I work from home, we're kind of limited on going places.  Some days we go for walks during the day when I have a lull in work - if not during the work day then we almost always go walk when I get off at 3:30.  Sometimes I bring my computer outside and work while she plays in the grass or something.  Just depends!  This schedule seems to be working perfectly for us, though, so I'm glad for that!


What she's eating:
- We do homemade, fresh foods for Lily.  I think she has eaten jarred food maybe two or three times, but she's not crazy about it since she is used to homemade.  I have a Baby Bullet and just process fresh fruits and vegetables for her, basically.  It's super easy, but fairly time consuming when I do a month's worth at a time.  I realize this isn't for everyone, and not everyone has the time or desire to do homemade baby food, and I totally get that.  Everyone has their own preference!  We just decided early on that we wanted her to get more natural, wholesome, nutrients from her meals and less of the additives and sugars and processed foods.  We also figured it would be an easier transition to eating fruits and vegetables when she's already used to them, obviously, as opposed to switching her from something so sweet to the "real stuff."  It's working for her and for us, and I'm glad I have the time to do it for her!
- Right now she's eating carrots, butternut squash, zucchini, green beans (not her favorite), green peas (will not tolerate them ... she cries hysterically when they go in her mouth), sweet potatoes, pinto beans, white beans, avocado, bananas, apples, peaches, pears, and mixed berries.  The only thing I buy frozen is the mixed berries; everything else I buy in the produce section just like our own food. 
- We are wanting to start trying protein (sometimes we give her an egg yolk, and she does eat beans) in the form of meat.  Since we do homemade food though, I am having an issue blending up chicken and giving her that.  I am going to see what her Dr. suggests at her 9-month check up next week.  Again, any suggestions are welcome!
- She is self-feeding as much as we can let her, given the foods she's eating.  Next time I make her food, I am going to do less blending and more just portioning and chopping into small pieces.  She feeds herself her snacks (cheese, Puffs, etc.) and feeds herself banana, avocado, and anything else I can give her without blending.  She definitely prefers to do it herself!


Random:
- She is 18lb 5oz.
- Size 2 diapers, during the day and at night
- Just growing into her 9 month clothes (she's really short!)
- Crawling ALL OVER and standing up on everything
- She is way too busy and fast to even try to stand without holding on
- She hasn't quite figured out that she can walk while holding onto things (couch, our hands, etc.)
- She says "da da" all the time, but the meaning is interchangeable with everything
- She waves bye-bye, but when you tell her to say "bye-bye" she waves and says "da da"
- She still only has the 2 bottom teeth that she's had for like 3 months


I think that about covers Lily at 9 months!  Watching her grow and change is the greatest blessing in the universe, and I cannot imagine a moment of my life without her in it.  She is the sweetest, funniest, nuttiest baby in the world, and I can't understand how my heart doesn't just explode!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment